Sunday, January 13, 2008

There is threat of a snow day tomorrow- yippee!
I should be heading to bed, just in case- but an update is in order.

Hmmm- where to begin?

School: Is crazy!!! We are in the midst of many changes and it is challenging. Some curve balls have been thrown lately, and I'm praying I come out as gold. The good news is that I have moved in to my very own classroom finally! It is such a blessing. Slowly I'm making it home- and I look forward to decorating in the next two weeks. My kids are happy to have a place to call their own- where it is "just us". I'm back on the first floor in the throws of activity- which I enjoy!

Youth: Is crazy too!! We have been busy! Last weekend we took the kids to the soup kitchen- they had a good time and were a blessing to many. In the evening, we took them to a concert which they all enjoyed. Youth group is growing- we had 34 on Wednesday with 5 new kiddos!!! Is is overwhelming- but I pray we have wisdom and know God will supply all we need. We are seeing exciting things happening- excellent questions, teens stepping up in ministry and also many developing godly habits. One joy is that I get to bring a girl home every week and we get to have some 1 on 1 time. Pray I have wisdom as I disciple her. We are taking 21 to snow camp- which is challenging but exciting! We are also in the midst of Teens Involved Preparation- which is fun and I love seeing the teens step out! Today- I was reminded again of how much I truly love these teens. They are a blessing and joy! The big project I'm working on now is a Ministry Fair for March- we are hosting area youth groups and inviting a variety of presenters to come and share their work. It is a huge undertaking- pray it all comes together!!

Life in general: We had a marvelous spa day last Sunday- it was so good to be pampered. I enjoyed the day with friends and we laughed so much. The investment is well worth it. This week is busy between planning meetings and a HOPE council meeting. Pray we have wisdom.

The Lord is continuing to challenge me- We've been reading in Matthew for our Quiet Time. I've been reminded that Christ could heal with just a simple touch or word. Nothing is too hard for him. He can change hearts- He can orchestrate His plans through any situation- through any amount of confusion or failure on our part. He can change the hardest hearts- He can heal the brokenness.

One song that I'm teaching the teens is All I Need by Bethany Dillon. It has been a challenge to me in recent weeks- what am I relying on? myself? others? He is our rock- our fortress- our protector- our comforter. He is All I Need!

When the day is done
And there's no one else around
While I'm lying here in bed
You're in my heart, You're in my head
You're all I need, You're all I need

There are a million voices
Calling out my name
But You're the One I want to hear
So make the others disappear

You are all I need when I'm surrounded
You are all I need if I'm by myself
You fill me when I'm empty
There is nothing else
You're all I need

When the morning comes
And Your mercy is renewed
There's a fire in my bones
I'm not afraid to go alone
You're all I need, You're all I need

The sun on my face
I hear You whisper loud
You're still the God that opens seas
Every flower, even me
You're all I need, You're all I need

I'm drawn to everything that You do
Nothing compares with You

Love
Elisabeth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that song!