Friday, March 21, 2008

We had an amazing night at youth group this week. We had a guest speaker who gave an incredible plain but challenging gospel message.

We have a number of kids who aren't saved- and they were certainly challenged to make a decision.

He talked about letting God be the "boss" of your life- and I know that even our saved kids have to think about that and surrender.

I spoke to my small group after- and my two unsaved girls were so honest about not wanting to surrender to anyone! Not wanting to give control of their life to anyone else- even God.

I asked them- "How do you define God?"- they said He is all-powerful, he keeps the world running, made all things.

So I said, "Basically, you believe He can create the world, and decide when it will rain or have lightening and He is able to keep us safe and not allow the earth to self-combust. But, you're not willing to trust Him to be in control of your little life?"

Today, my heart has been so burdened for the girls. I know some of our kids get nervous that they will get turned off to the Lord. But- we have a responsibility to teach truth and to challenge them to a decision- while remaining loving and focused on the relationship we are trying to build.

Both girls wrote some pretty impressive stuff on their myspaces today. They both acknowledge their need for Christ- but the area of submission is holding them back. It was neat to read their impressions- that their perspectives are being changed and they do feel feel loved and accepted.

Please pray for these gals- and the others who are unsaved. My heart is so burdened for them. I know that God can reveal His truth and take away the blindness from their hearts. They have come so far. Pray we have wisdom as we minister to them. Pray that this challenges our kids and that it increases their faith.

Always~
Elisabeth

No comments: