Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer is here!

The school year ended well- the yearbook was a success overall and all my students wrapped the year up in fine form (well- all but one).

I discovered in the spring that my role at school would be changing for the coming school year- I'll be teaching 3 US History classes as well as handling a reduced SPED case load. It's taken some time for that to settle in, but I am thankful for a job and will try to do my best in the coming year.

Youth group ended well- We had a great 30 hour famine to wrap up the year. The kids were really invested in the process and seemed moved by the event. It was sad to say goodbye to our graduates- you don't realize how much you have grown to love these kids and what a part you have played in their lives. They are always welcome back and they always turn up!

School's been out for a week and I've been pleased with my productivity. As always, there are many projects looming: yearbook planning, English camps, fall youth group, worship team, His Mansion missions trip, Haiti/HOPE Missions- and all the little projects I create in the process. My time is really limited this summer as after July 11th I'm traveling quite a bit. So, I'm doing my best to get as much done as I can.

The best news of all came today when we learned that HOPE received it's approval for 501 (c)(3) recognition- this is a huge relief and blessing. God is good!

I hope to be better about updating-
Enjoy your summer!

No comments: