Thursday, May 25, 2006

HOME

I'm missing home- not in a homesick kind of way- but in a "I like this place, these people, my routine" kind of way. I guess it's comfortable. Not that it's not so comfortable that I won't leave (I mean, I only quit my job and moved to NY 2 years ago....and have been traveling regularly to Haiti). But, it is nice to know that there is a place to call HOME- a place where you are accepted and loved "just as you are". And, people who know so much about you and can recount so many "I can't believe I did that!" moments, and yet still love you. So...here are some pics of what HOME means to me...


The Family- one Sunday after church when my dad was the interim pastor at a little church near our home. We just happened to all be there that day. I still go to church in Canterbury and my parents go to the Baptist church in Eastford. Bill hops around between the two. It was nice to be together as a family for church that day.


"Our house" in Canterbury- we don't live here anymore...but we all slip up every now and then and call it just that. Twenty-seven years of family memories are written on the walls.


Calvary Chapel- my home church... in every sense of the word. It has changed a lot over the years- the building has changed, the faces have changed- but it is still HOME.


Our new house in Eastford- very cozy and we love our woodstove. Dad worked hand in hand with our contractor to finish it.


I always said I wouldn't be one of those ladies who had pictures of her cat everywhere- but I do love my Furrball. She looks quite dazed here- I think this was taken back when we were moving from Canterbury. She was probably overwhelmed by the chaos. Sad to say... I miss my cat the most when I'm in NY.


When I think of HOME- I think of my friends. Here are my best girl friends from HOME- Alissa, Meredith, Alicia and Rebecca. We don't see each other too often- but my heart is always soothed and my soul rejuvenated when I do.

1 comment:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Elis,
In order to make this complete, you must add photos of where you've been for 2 years! Show the house, man! You can do that, right? or does it break some rule of confidentiality or something...
Love the photos, how are you folks doing?