Friday, November 10, 2006

Playing Catch Up

I'm sorry that the days between blog updates are so few and far between- I'm sure you are all sitting by your computers waiting with baited breath.

School is going well. I was looking forward to leaving early yesterday and not taking home any work when I suddenly realized that all my big projects are due next week! Panic set in! So- my long weekend will be full of a HOPE meeting, Superbowl, Bebo's birthday party and then paperwork. But it's all right! I have my first PPT next week- chances are I will prepare for it and the family won't show- so we'll end up rescheduling. That's life I guess.

Teen club is going well. We have Superbowl tonight in Providence. 18 are going plus 3 adults. God help me stay awake. I'm such an old lady these days. 9pm in bed! Thank goodness I don't have to drive. We are really seeing some good things happen in and through our kids. Some are taking good steps in growth. Everyweek we have new visitors - and they keep coming back!! That is always encouraging-especially when that voice of doubt creeps in. We have had some major issues already this year- but God continues to give grace and wisdom. Pray that we continually use it!

We had a HOPE meeting last night with a contact in Wallingford. This is a pastor that also works with a mission in Haiti. It was very encouraging to have him read over our material and say "wow- this looks good. You're on the right track! I wish we had done that!". He offered a lot of good advice regarding projects, fundraising and pitfalls they have found themselves in. So, now I have to also finish up our upcoming newsletter and the non-profit form. Then, I think the next step will be putting together a DVD presentation on Pestel that we can send to churches etc... Plus, a website. Hmmmm- wish I had taken more tech classes. But it is amazing what you can do on your little laptops these days!

The family is well. I feel bad that I hardle see them- just in and out. When I'm home, I'm usually chained to the computer working on something (lately, I'll admit, it has been catching up on LOST episodes- I love that they are free online because I never am able to catch anything on TV anymore). But- they keep busy. I'm really looking forward to the holidays. Things do seem to slow down then. I've already started playing Christmas music.

Well- I should hit the to-do list sometime today before I have to get ready to go.
Wish there was something extremely exciting to share- but I can't think of anything.
I'll leave you with a few pics from Teen Club!

We held a Harvest Party for the Olympians three weeks ago! I overplanned, so we had to come back the following week to do the crafts, face painting and balloon animals. The kids enjoyed the hayride and games the week before! Our teens were awesome- serving the children and their leaders!
This is a picture from STORM- the evangelistic really we had two weeks ago! The kids were getting ready to play a game! We saw a new side to our teens that night! We are seeing God do great things in the boys pictured here. Very exciting!!

2 comments:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Oh My Word!
I almost didn't recognize Ricky Heon or Cloe! How lucky you are to see them still, though I'm sure they keep everybody on their toes. Good to see your updates, girl. Can't wait to seen you this Thanksgiving (which will be at at Mom & Dad's house this year, just us!) I'll keep you posted.

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Oh My Word!
I almost didn't recognize Ricky Heon or Cloe! How lucky you are to see them still, though I'm sure they keep everybody on their toes. Good to see your updates, girl. Can't wait to seen you this Thanksgiving (which will be at at Mom & Dad's house this year, just us!) I'll keep you posted.