Friday, August 29, 2008

Since returning from Germany, I've hit the ground and haven't stopped running!

On the 19th- we had a 50th Anniversary Party for my parents! What a great night! It would not have been possible without Maria and other friends who pitched in. It was nice to have some family up from down south and about 140 friends there. My parents really enjoyed themselves. There was so much laughter and joy through the whole night. I loved looking around the room and just seeing everyone enjoying one another. Some people had not been in touch for some time. We enjoyed music shared by various friends and a lively "Newlywed Game"- that was a hit!
Here are some pictures from the party and a video that we shared.


A friend copied Mom and Dad's wedding cake. It was beautiful!!!

The food was delicious- someone asked me if Maria knew the caterers. I laughed, "Maria IS the caterer!!" Everyone just had a blast and loved the entire evening!

The Monday after the Anniversary Party, the youth group began a work week at our church- called "give back".

We had an amazing time. The youth worked so hard and with such good attitudes. I did not hear one person complain about what they were asked to do. We got so much done- here are some of the projects.

-stained all the windows and door trim

-washed windows

-painted window trim

- painted all doors interior/exterior

- painted three rooms and the bathroom

- put up wall paper in two rooms

- painted a book case

- cleaned and painted a storage unit

- sanded- a lot

- painted the boiler room (after cleaning/priming)

- painted pastors porch

- cleaned out the overgrown trees in the cemetary

- completely organized the church library

- painted a huge chalkboard and painted magnetic paint on it

- scraped and cleaned 2 large dividers

- straighted and cleaned all the radiators

- lots of cleaning

I'm sure I'm missing some things, but as you can see- we did a lot!

Enjoy the pictures- I work with the most amazing young people! (And yes, it really is that blue!)




Then, we took 7 teens to an overnight conference in MA. Josh McDowell was the speaker. There were also a lot of bands there. It was a great time with these special kids. We laughed a lot- learned a lot about defending our faith and left quite encouraged!






My partner-in-crime- I honestly don't know where I would be without Maria.

Now, school has started. It has actually gone relatively smoothly. I have a great case load and really enjoy all my classes. I'm working with some new kids- and I'm enjoying them. I actually feel like I have a good handle on things and that I'm prepared. There still is a lot of work to do- but I'm enjoying it. I love going to work each day.

Youth group starts on the 10th- I have a lot to do to prepare. So many projects to get going on.

But that's how we roll!

Love

Elisabeth

No comments: