Wednesday, January 07, 2009

2009 in Full Swing

What a great vacation I had! It was so good to relax, catch up with friends and even complete a few projects.
One special treat was catching up with Sarah who I went to WOLBI with and actually lives in the town where I teach. It was so encouraging to see her still pursuing Christ.
We had a fun night with the youth on New Year's - I'm not a great Guitar Praise player but I wouldn't mind a bit more practice on the Wii. That was a blast! We really saw our teens step out this past month- they participated in 2 drama's at church as well as a large vocal on Christmas Eve. We also attempted an outreach at a local soup kitchen but sadly no children came. The teens had great attitudes though and we are excited to see what other doors are open. I encouraged them that God asks us to be ready and available- He takes care of the results. This weekend is our mid-year leadership conference in NH and Snow Camp is at the end of the month. Then, we're full swing into Teens Involved and lots of fun spring activities. This year is flying by!

School-wise: it was good to get back on Monday- not as hard to jump back into the swing as I thought. All my kids got back from break in one piece (I tend to worry a bit when they have too much time on their hands...) and each has "stopped by" to check in with me. Even "my kiddos" who aren't my kids- stop in and catch me up on things. A whole crew of boys came by yesterday- I call them the "Brain Trust" ala Scrubs. Up to no good. But you have to love them.
Yearbook is progressing- we have our 2nd deadline on Monday, probably won't make it. But, I honestly feel okay about that. The kids are working hard and I'm a bit more relaxed right now. There is still so much to do- but we have a good team.

Hmmm what else? I started crocheting again this last week. I have a blanket I started in 2001 that I haven't finished. Not because I'm a slow crocheter but because I put it down so many times. I decided I am going to finish it..... granted it needs 140 individual squares....but I will finish so I can move on to other projects. Plans are in the works for a number of trips this year- Colombia, Haiti and Germany. I'm getting excited. Other projects include the missions conference, summer trip for youth and another work week for the teens. Never a dull moment here.

Well- a snow day opens the world of possibilities, so I'm going to get going and enjoy it!

Happy New Year!
Always
Elisabeth

No comments: