Friday, August 25, 2006

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!

I have my own classroom- my very own classroom. If I hadn't been surrounded by colleagues I would have done a very odd happy dance. But I contained myself.
Not only do I have my own room- it's a brand new room!!! 3 White boards, 3 bulletin Boards, an over abundance of shelves and a closet. Granted, it is a bit smaller than most classrooms- but it's all mine. I still can't get over it- and I'm afraid that someone will wake up and say "Hey- why does that girl have her own room....let's take it away!" I don't have a desk yet- and the shelves aren't actually usable yet- but when it's ready it will be great. I put up some welcome posters today and it felt good.

We finally were able to get into the high school today- the new rooms/changes are incredible. So modern and spacious. There is still so much that has to be done for Monday- but the students will be pretty impressed with the changes (well, many won't care!).

My brain is overwhelmed with all the Special Ed stuff I have to think about. This ain't no walk in the park. I got my case load today- 12 kids. Not bad. I have to read over their IEP's this weekend. And- I need to plan my Academic support class and reading skills class.

Thanks to so many who have been praying for me- keep doing so! It is going to be a wild ride for the next few weeks!

No comments: