Friday, September 08, 2006

Two down- 38 more to go!

Week two is over.

The honeymoon is over too!

The first few days of teaching are always cake. The kids are feeling you out and behaving pretty well. By the second week, their true colors are showing. Granted, most of my kids are great. And I really mean that. I enjoy everyone of the students on my caseload. My classes (full of kids not necessarily on my caseload) are pretty good too. Of course there are a few "special cases" but manageable.

It was either the full moon or the fact that it was Friday because my last two classes were so hyper. I nipped it immediately by giving assigned seats and quiet work. They loved me. Considering I had to stay afterschool for a PPT- I deserved a few moments of quiet before the meeting.

Most of my day was spent in meetings. Special ed is always getting pulled into meetings with parents- and because it involves a special ed student, there are distinctive legal protocols. And since I am certified in regular education as well, I've been pulled into a lot of the meetings.

So the weekend is here. I'll spend it getting caught up on everything that fell by the wayside this week. Tomorrow will be a night out with the girls! Sunday is a wedding shower after church- and then another week begins!

1 comment:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

A night out with the girls?! I'm jealous... glad to hear you can still handle the "ruffians" of Stafford. I also love my caseload: they're such little pervs! A few too many step-fathers, I'm afraid.
~Alicia