Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day One

Today marked the first day back to school- for teachers that is.

While I was dreading this day for a few weeks and was in complete denial, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I do truly love my job- but the summer just rushed by and I enjoy not having to work so much. It was good to see my colleagues and especially all my para friends. They are such an amazing support! We lost my dear Patrick- who I will miss so much- but I think our new team member will be a good fit. The school is coming along and I should be in my very own classroom sometime in November. My caseload looks good and I think my schedule will be quite doable. I have a number of items to wrap up before school- personal items and paperwork items for school but otherwise I'm in good shape. It is a blessing to be in where I am teaching and I look forward to the coming year. I was asked to chaperone a trip to Louisiana over spring break to help in the Katrina efforts. There will be a team of 6 girls along with myself and another teacher. I'm looking forward to this opportunity to see the efforts there and to get to know some of the gals from school- a week of impact!

I hope today wasn't a testament of what the year holds- returning from a workshop at school, I was turning into the parking lot and a fellow teacher backed into my car. Thankfully, no one was hurt and only my driver's side was dented. He was extremely apologetic- and hopefully his insurance company will cover the repairs. It's just a car, right! Perspective!

Always
Elisabeth

No comments: