Thursday, December 13, 2007

I was scheduled to attend a conference today- which meant that I could sleep in a few extra hours- which I was REALLY looking forward to (the sleep NOT the conference). At 5:45am, my cell rang and a voice told me that we had a snow day. Groggily, I went to the TV to doublecheck because I had just had a bizarre dream and wasn't sure if the phone call was part of it or not. Sure enough, we had no school. Woohoo!


Then, I remembered that I had planned to go shopping after school today to get a number of items for tomorrow's Christmas party and for the HOPE newsletter. Junk! So, at 6am- I was making my way to Walmart to get those items. Seems like everyone else had the same idea! At 8am, when I emerged from Walmart, the snow had not begun, so I decided to finish my Christmas Shopping. I pulled in our driveway at 11:30am with all my shopping completed- and the first snowflakes were just beginning to fall.


What a great snow day!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elisabeth: We seem to be having many snow days. I was so glad to see you at the Publick House. It was fun.

The teen building looked so nice and inviting Friday night. You are so good to the teens. Thanks for alllllll your time and effort. They appreciate it even if they can't express it.

I loved the snowy picture. New England is beautiful. Much love, Bonnie

Unknown said...

Elis... can't wait to see you: Shall we meet & greet on Thursday or Saturday after Christmas? BTW, I love, love, love you!