Saturday, May 31, 2008

A quick update

There are three weeks left to school- and I'm super excited. This has been a challenging year and I'm looking forward to a break. My paperwork is almost all wrapped up and I'll be able to concentrate on getting ready for the fall. There is a chance that I may lose some of the kids on my caseload- and that makes me sad. I really have a great crew and I've worked hard to build repoire with them. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Last Friday- we hosted a coffee house at youth group. It seemed to go really well. The turn out was good- we were packed out and will have to use an alternate location for next year. Every church brought "acts" and everyone did really well. It was nice to sit back and watch the evening unfold!

I went to VA last weekend to visit Matt and Alicia. I needed to get away and just have a time-out. We had a good time just "being"! It is good to see their home and all the touches that are making it theirs. It was good to meet their family and friends- I also had the opportunity to see Kim in Lynchburg. That was a blessing! It is never long enough of a break but it definately got me recharged to finish the year.
Mom and Dad are home from the Ukraine- they had a great time. It is good to have them back. It was too quiet here. Next week, they celebrate their 50th anniversary! WOW!

The summer is coming together and I have tons of projects to accomplish. Pray I am able to give proper attention to all the tasks before me. I'm excited to see the things that God is unfolding and what the summer will hold. Germany will be here before I know it and then we'll jump head first back into youth ministry and school.

Always
Elisabeth

No comments: