Saturday, June 14, 2008

Four days left to the school year- I can hardly believe it! It just flew by. I have so much still to accomplish before Friday and so much more to "figure out" for next year. Pray I am able to complete all my tasks.


Youth Group "officially" ended last Wed. But- between Sunday ministry teams and activities, the kids won't be strangers. We'll have lots of good relationship building times this summer.

Our next big event is our Superhero party on the 21st. We're going all out with costumes and all- I'll be sure to post to pics. Let's just say, my costume involves lots of green paint!



I started writing out my summer to-do list- and it is long. I really want to maximize this summer and accomplish many tasks. The more I do now, the easier the coming school year will be. Pray I am able.



We are starting a young ladies Bible study this summer- so many of my girlfriends are desiring to go deeper and to have fellowship with like-minded women. I know that I really need this- and I'm looking forward to it!



Germany is about six weeks away! I'm getting excited- and enjoying reading through the lesson material. I think it is going to be a blast!!! Pray that my financial needs are met and that I am spiritually prepared for this experience.



It doesn't look like I'll be going to Haiti this summer- hopefully over Christmas break. We are in great need for financial resources to move the library forward. We are basically at a standstill right now. Our cement ceiling must be poured in one step and we can't do that until we have the full $25,000. Urgent prayer is needed about this. My heart gets heavy for the community members who are waiting and don't fully understand the constraints here.



The other big upcoming event is my parent's 50th anniversary party. They celebrated on June 7th- but we're holding the party 8/16. Maria is helping a ton and it should be a great night. I need to get invites out ASAP though.... I guess I should go do that!



Here are a few recent pics from youth group. We had an amazing year! God is so good- and our kids are amazing!



Always
Elisabeth

Not sure what I'm doing here--- James wanted to dance.
This pic of Levi cracks me up- he was getting ready for our skit
Jackie, Megan and Ana singing "Who Am I"
We cover the tables so that the kids can draw on them- they love it!
Chelsea, Ashley, Heather and Brianna

James, Levi and Matt- doing the :Ricky Train" (a long hilarious story!)

No comments: