Friday, June 20, 2008

We're Done!
Today marks the first day of summer vacation- and of course, I have to go to school!
I left a few tasks undone- and I'd rather go in now when I have the momentum then wait until the fall when things are CRAZY!

This last week was crazy. Lots of unexpected- many unanswered questions- goodbyes and sweet times with kids/friends. I do really enjoy my job- and the community there, warts and all.

One piece of news is that I agreed to be a yearbook advisor for next year. I was very hesitant- but my co-worker Jaime agreed to do it with me, so that eases the stress a bit. It will be a lot of work and hopefully we'll have a motivated crew- but it will be a good investment at school. Thankfully, I will be able to go to a 2-day training next week at UCONN for it. I'm sure that will ease my mind a bit.

I still have to make our proposal for another service trip next year. It will have to go before the BOE as well. I believe I will meet with the principal after July 4th. There will also be some meetings with my director in July. This will very much be a "working summer".

Ever more important that I use my time wisely and maximize it.

One exciting thing is that I will be able to work at VBS this summer. I've missed the last few years because I've been in Haiti- so I'm looking forward to serving.

That's about it for now- need to get busy. Tonight is graduation and I am excited to see some of my kiddos finish! They make me proud.

Tomorrow is our superhero party at youth- should be a lot of fun!

Always
Elisabeth

No comments: