Saturday, June 28, 2008

My first week of summer vacation is over.


This week's main task was to finish and mail out invitations to my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party in August. Everyone joined in to help but it took a couple days. I need to get the details finalized before Germany- because the party is the week I get back. In some ways, I feel like I'm planning a wedding- color schemes, menu, favors, centerpieces, slideshow, music etc...


Here is the pic we used for the invite-
Everyone keeps commenting on my dad's ears. We've gotten quite the kick out of it. His head has definately grown over the years.

I spent two days this week at UCONN attending a Yearbook Workshop- it was incredible. So many great ideas and samples. I was able to meet our yearbook rep and photographers which was good. It is still a huge task but I feel better about it. It may end up being really enjoyable!

Last night was suppossed to be our first ladies Bible Study- but due to changes only 2 came. We visited for a bit and then Bethany and I ended up getting dinner out. It was nice to catch up with her and to have her back in the area.

Wish I had more exciting things to share- but for the moment, I'm laying low- enjoying my new portable dvd player and soaking up the rest. Next week begins the "dig in"- striking lots off the to-do list.

Always
Elisabeth

No comments: