Friday, December 22, 2006

Let the vacation begin!

Ahhh... Christmas Vacation.
(imagine Charlie Brown singing "Christmastime" in the background)

It was a reasonably good week- this week before Christmas. The last two periods of the day today were a bit nuts....but we made it through.

So- updates. Observations all went well- good feedback and compliments from my boss (and supervisor)- always a good thing.

Work is still good- I still love it. But- I won't lie. Vacation is a very good thing.
When I go back, it will be full steam ahead with testing, annuals, triannuals and PPTs for next year. Hard to believe we will be thinking about next year already.

Our teen Christmas caroling went really well. I think many people were touched by our visit. We sang to a number of people who are sick with cancer and that was very sobering. The teens did a great job! We have a retreat scheduled for Dec 31-1/1. I'll be sure to have news from then. We are in the process of building a game for the teens called "gutterball/carpetball". Have you heard of it? I hadn't but our teens played it at Snow Camp and LOVE IT!!! So this is a big surprise gift for them. I hope it shows them how much we love them.

On the family front. Bill got a job at Brooks Pharmacy's distribution center. He works very early now.....which is an issue with morning showers. But, at least he has a job. Mom and Dad are good.

Here are some Christmas pictures....

Furrball quickly takes her place beneath the tree-

I think she believes this holiday is all about her!

The inevitable schoolmade ornament that mom pulls out year after year!

What it is all about....

No comments: