Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Why I'm single....according to my DAD

I really should be finishing (I mean STARTING) my lesson plans for my observations- considering I have a pre-meeting with my evaluator on Thursday.

But... My dad and I had a funny conversation this evening that I want to get down before I forget.

Dad and I were eating our beef pot pies- mom was sick today, so it was my job to make dinner (I picked the quickest and easiest item in the freezer).

We were chatting as I was thumbing through our weekly shoppers guide, looking at homes for sale.

"I'll never be able to buy a house." I lamented to my father.

"Well, the key is to have money saved," he answered and continued to explain the fundamentals of purchasing a home, the pros and cons of a 2 family home and finding good tenants.

Then he said....

"Really, you need to be looking for a handy husband- not a good looking one. He could fix a house up for you."
To which I replied, "Well Dad, I'm just looking right now for one that is alive."

Chuckling, he said, "You know, you went to TWO Bible Colleges- and you couldn't find at least ONE guy there to marry you?"

In reply I began to explain all the reasons why I never found my match (which might have been based on no one finding me attractive- but we are going to hope it was due to the high female to male ratio).

In his "profound" wisdom, my father said, "You just weren't praying the right prayers."

"No Dad, you weren't." I answered.

I don't know why I haven't met my match yet... it there is to be a match. I have a quote by my desk right now that says,

"Faith is recognizing that God is the LORD of Time
when my idea of timing doesn't agree with His."
Or my father's for that matter!

1 comment:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

You're so cool, and I really miss your dad's sage wisdom. I can't believe how the past two months have flown by... that's how long it's been since I checked in on my fellow bloggers.

Maybe I should start praying differently for you also...

~Alicia