Saturday, December 09, 2006

Maybe another reason I'm not married?

7:15am meeting with my boss and I was running late. I had the best of intentions. Got up on time, skipped breakfast, bag ready the night before AND I skipped my makeup application. As I got in the car, I threw my makeup bag in the backseat and said "I should get to work by 7am, I'll run to the bathroom and put it on then!".

Could there have been more busses, trucks and traffic jams between home and work. I ran into school, and scooted directly to my meeting laden down with all my bags. One thing led to another and I never got to the restroom.

Grabbing my teaching materials, I booked it to class and of course, it was the morning I was lead teacher. As I rushed into class, the smart aleck student shouted, "Man, Ms Hamburg, are you sick? You don't look very good!"

2nd period, at the end of class, my co-teacher came over and said, "Elisabeth, around your eyes are so pale, are you sick today?"

"Ummm, no. I just didn't have time to put on makeup. I didn't realize I looked so bad without it!"

Enough said.

(The co-teacher emailed me later in the day to apologize for saying I looked sick....I told him not to worry, I found it pretty funny- and hey, it gave me something to blog about right? But, I'll refrain from posting a picture this time...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh!! We need to get together soon!
--Angela