Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A day at the spa...

Hmmm... I am so relaxed.


Our church held a HeartSpa for women today- complete with energizing music, a thoughtful message, stamping (my favorite!) facials, pedicures and manicures. It was lovely. I'm silky smooth! I am now a firm believer in exfoliation and cucumber slices.


It was a great day- and many women were encouraged and challenged.



It's hard to believe that this time last week we were up at Snow Camp. Seems like ages ago. We had a wonderful time with the teens. They were excellent. We saw a different side of our kids and it was exciting to hear from their counselor that he noticed growth in our boys since last year (he happened to counsel them last year!). As leaders, we had a great time of fellowship. Our kids surprised us by being truly happy to see us when we visited. They also got involved and were quite victorious in a variety of competitions!


3rd place for the Banner


1st for the Team Paintball


1st in the Cardboard Sled Race (the culminating activity!)


We were so proud of them!





The Lord was working in many hearts throughout the weekend. We saw one girl make a decision for Christ. The counselors really challenged our kids. We have some that are so close- and we are praying that every opportunity will draw them closer to making a decision for Christ.




Here are some of my favorite pics-
Our Banner

Justin and I- he's good for a warm hug

Some of our gang

The Team Paintball Champions

The Whole Gang!

It was hard to get back into the swing of things once we got back. Work has been incredibly demanding- and it doesn't look like things will let up for a bit. Thankfully, all of my major projects got down on time. Next week, I have a math observation on Tuesday (word problems anyone?). After that, just one more observation to go! I have two major reports/PPT's on 2/28. There is a lot to do to get ready for that.

In regards to ministry- we are in need of a Bible Teacher for Teen Club. Be praying about that. We really need some enthusiastic men to commit to join our leadership team. In regards to HOPE, I have so many projects to do and unfortunately am having a hard time making the time. This is a huge need for prayer. It looks like I'll be heading down there end of June- and we hope to start the foundation for the library! Very exciting

God is good- I fail Him so often and yet He loves me and is so patient with me. Pray that I will hunger and thirst for righteousness and for HIM.

Love to you All!

No comments: