Monday, February 19, 2007

Is my day off every really a day off?




Seems like my days are so busy- I'm chained to my computer working on projects, reports, outlines- you name it!

We are gearing up for Teens Involved on Saturday- so we've had practice everyday this weekend. It is great spending time with the teens. We have such a fun bunch. We have five entries- 2 SR High Puppet shows, Large Vocal, Small Vocal and a Poetry entry. The puppet shows have really come a long way in a short amount of time. They are doing a great job. Everything else is good- minus the large vocal. We're doing a rendition of Amazing Grace and just can't seem to get the right key. It is so frustrating, because the kids are so into it. I just don't want them to get frustrated. We go for Areas this coming Saturday- it will be a good day of exposure for them. There is much to do to get ready- this will be a very busy week for me.

We had a game night on Saturday. It was so nice to see everyone involved and keeping themselves occupied (UNO, Spoons, Jenga, Risk and Carpetball are the favs....). I was especially happy to see everyone included- especially the fringe kids and newbies. We do have a great group of teens! I appreciate the leaders for sacrificing so much of their personal time for these kids. I'm really looking forward to May 5th and our Cinco de Mayo Party! I'll be sure to post pictures. We also hope to have a coffee house in April. That is always a highlight!

School wise- I finished a project yesterday (thanks to Rebecca letting me crash at her place in the afternoon). I'm nervous because my results were probably not what my director wanted- but they are what they are. I'm looking forward to going to 3 days of reading training in March. Hopefully, it will give me more confidence and background as I work with low readers in my Reading Skills Class.

We have a HOPE Advisory meeting this Thursday. Pray that we have wisdom as there are so important decisions that need to be made. We will be speaking at my church's missions conference in March- hopefully that will increase some of our support.

Love to you all...

No comments: