Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

Ahhhh a Snow Day! One of the guilty pleasures of teaching!

We were wondering if we would EVER have one this year. It has been a cold winter but rarely any snow. Actually, today should be considered an ice and sleet day. We're expecting more snow later.

Our school is in the middle of a huge renovation project- which means that we lose our Feb. vacation so that we can finish school by June 8th . It is a long haul between Christmas and April with the rug rats- so an extra day off every now and then is a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Plus, I really need a day to wrap up some important projects.


It seems like my days have been full of testing and PPTs recently. As soon as I finish a round with one student- I start with another. Thankfully, everyone is so cooperative and I 'm getting a lot of practice.


Today is also Valentine's Day! A few years ago, it was nice to have a Valentine! I remember feeling incredibly cared for and adored. This year, it's just little 'ole me. My brother was sweet and brought me a rose the other night. It was a nice surprise! We plan to "honor" our teens tonight at club by highlighting a good characteristic that we see in them- that is if we have club. I'm thankful that Valentine's goes beyond the mushy romantic love, and includes love in general. Because I have so much of that- so many people who truly care about me. And, I have the awesome privilege (and responsibility) to love so many myself.

Have a wonderful Valentines' Day!

Love to you all!

No comments: