Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The best dad ever..... really!

Today is my dad's 70th Birthday! WOW!

I'm usually really good with remembering birthdays- just to demonstrate how crazy my life is right now- I actually did not remember his birthday was coming until 10pm last night. Our tradition is that we have no traditions- so it was simple cake and ice cream and a pitiful version of "Happy Birthday" (accompanied by the Star Wars theme- Bill gave him a card that plays music)! I didn't even have time to get a card or gift- do I get the worst daughter of the year award?

Anyway- my dad is really the best! He is a man of integrity, faithfulness, character, godliness, patience, understanding, intelligence, sacrifice, forgiveness- just to name a few of his finest qualities (he also is a horrible procrastinator...but that is really the only less than great thing I can say). He has been a exemplar (BEST reference Bek) example of a Christ Follower- in the way he ministers, serves his family, treats his neighbor and in his daily disciplines. I am so fortunate- and I often take it for granted.





In other news-

I spent Sunday with Sarah and Diana- two great friends! It is exciting to see all that they are doing in ministry within their local church. I need to visit them more often- it is always such a great time.

Tomorrow is my last PPT of the year!!!! Can I get an AMEN! I'm praying all goes well. Once this is wrapped up- I can begin focusing on preparing for next school year- I am determined NOT to start the year out behind.

My tickets are purchased for California and Haiti! Yippee! Counting the days! I'm am so ready for a vacation.

My parents had a great trip to the Ukraine- and it is good to have them home again.

The Youth Group is presenting their puppet shows tomorrow night to the children's programs at church.

My roommate Carrie from WOLBI is getting married June 9th- so I'll be heading to Maine.

Darci is having her baby ANY DAY now- I still can't believe it.

Rebecca completed her BEST portfolio- a huge sigh of relief for her. It is a nightmare of a project- a personal day is in order!

My bedtime has come- Enjoy the rest of the week!
Love
Elisabeth


No comments: