Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Countdown begins-

Lest some of my readers think I'm being lazy (Nat mainly)- I plead that I have succumb to the busy Annual season of the Special Education Professional.

The last few weeks have been full of meetings, paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. One of our Special Education teachers has been in the hospital for 2 weeks and we are having to pick up her meetings and work load. It has been exciting to see the team band together- and I know it is a testimony to her. My friend Katie (one of our paras) has been able to visit her in the hospital and to share the gospel with her. I'm praying that God uses her current situation to draw her to HIM.

My meetings have gone exceptionally well- even the ones I was nervous about.

It is hard to believe that there are only 28 days left of the school year. It has gone so fast. I have loved it- for so many reasons. I love that every day is different, that I have more say in my schedule and work load, that I get to work with individual students daily. And I LOVE that my take home is less than before. It is so good to finally be in a place where I love what I'm doing and am so content. Thank you LORD!

We have only 6 weeks left of youth group. Our soup kitchen CSA went really well. I would love to do that again- or regularly. We also had a Cinco de Mayo party last week. The building looked great and the food was so good. The kids seemed to have a good time. We have a few more activities and then we're done. I'm looking forward to a break and a summer of reflection and planning.

Speaking of the summer- I'm getting more excited about my trip to California- I'm so ready for a vacation. One of my teens is planning to go with me to Haiti in July- I'm really looking forward to that! I'm still praying about a second trip to Haiti in August- I would really love to go!

Well- American Idol is on. Haven't watched it in weeks- thought I should catch up a bit.

No comments: