Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mission Accomplished!

My stomach was churning all morning- I was so nervous. Our meeting got started late due to another PPT running overtime. It lasted over an hour- but went so smoothly. All in all it was successful- my director was very pleased.



Once this paperwork is complete- I am officially DONE!

Well- with PPT's that is. I will have about 6 new 8th graders- so I'm trying to attend their PPT's at the middle school just to connect with the family in advance. There will also be a lot of work to do to get my kiddos ready for exams but it is all good. I do have some goals between now and June 13th: go through all the materials in my room (sort, throw out and organize), create a book list for next year and place order, gather worksheets/activities that will help my students work on areas of weakness, prepare paperwork to give to teachers in the fall, revamp forms, and sort/shred and file paperwork.

A set of lofty goals- but it will help the new year start smooth.

Have I said that I love my job- I really do. I'm still amazed. Thank you Lord!

(even when my students are incredibly silly etc... it is still an amazing experience)


I plan to take my last personal day in the next week- and enjoy a bit of pampering. I think I've earned it!



Love to all~

Elisabeth

2 comments:

kiltsandthistles said...

Yay for Elisabeth!!! You go girl and definitely enjoy some pampering. I think anyone who's a teacher deserves to be pampered at least once a year! Praying for you!!

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

I LOVE pampering- good for you! Have they also roped you into VBS this summer? Maybe you can steal away for a few days in late June...
I'm so glad to hear your positive experiences with the job at Stafford; teaching joys seem to be few & far between. I'm off to get the garden up to par... catch you later!