Sunday, June 24, 2007

Praising Him for His Goodness

- that God continues to teach me, stretch me, and mold me. He isn't finished yet. I'm thankful for people who challenge me, are patient with me as I struggle through and who encourage me.
- for all that God did this year in/through the youth group. I pray that I am simply a vessel that He uses.
- for challenge from His Word- that it is relevant now in my life, just as it was in the Corinthians lives centuries ago
- for Christian writers/musicians who are used by God to bring challenge, proclaim truth and ignite action
-for a phenomenal day of friendship, laughter and refreshment.
-for Rebecca- one of my oldest friends. Who accepts me "as is"- encourages me, helps me see reality, rescues me, celebrates with me, helps me not make a complete fool out of myself, and is always available for a late night phone call.
-for Katie- a new friend! Her sweet spirit is contagious, her boldness refreshing. She holds me accountable without even realizing it.
- for French manicures- they are so beautiful and make me feel so lovely!
- Japanese hot stone massage- so good. Need I say more.
- that it is sandal season!
- for sales at Kohls
- for baby registries so I know exactly what my friend wants for her baby even if she lives in CA - for hotel reservations that came through
- for a pastor who preaches truth from God's Word and is unashamed. A man who encourages me and offers godly counsel when I need it.
- for delicious strawberry shortcake with friends
- that Bill was able to work a few days this week
- for cell phones- so that I can keep in touch with Alicia even though she's moved farther away than I even want to think about.
- that even though she is far away- she is safe in God's capable hands.
- that I can trust God completely as He continues to reveal His plans for my life. The confidence that He always has the very best in mind for me.
- for parents who taught and modeled truth and continue to do so.
- for the gift of vacation- the adventures we will have, the refreshment, the laughter and the new memories we will make!

I'm off to California on Tuesday- returning July 4th! Pray for safety/protection/wisdom/relaxation/and FUN!

Love to you all~
Elisabeth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It has been a long time since I actually sat down and wrote a list of things that I was thankful for. That is the next thing on my to do list. It is amazing when I read your list and saw how many things that I enjoy and forget to thank God for all those things. Hope you have fun in CA. --Karrie