Sunday, June 03, 2007

Eight days...

Just eight days and the school year will be over. Slowly, I am getting my to-do's accomplished. I felt really good about everything until I found out on Wednesday that I have to move my classroom. Which means I have to pack everything up before the 12th. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't just finished organizing and unpacking everything AND if I didn't have a zillion other things that also have to be done. Oh well....that's what we have slaves- oh I mean, students for.

I think I'm actually going to miss school over the summer- I enjoy my kiddos so much, and I know that for some, school is the only exciting, secure thing going on for them. We are a very weird, dysfunctional family!

Hmm, in other news. We took a few teens to a youth concert thingy- not really sure what it was- but it was interesting. Today was the Olympian closing program- they put on an adorable talent show and then had a matchbox car race. They are so precious. Bek, Heidi and Rob and I went to Hanks for ice cream- which is always a treat. We enjoy every chance we get to pick on Rob- poor guy. Now, I must sit and get moving on my final exams. I have a few that MUST be done for tomorrow.

Love to you all
Elisabeth

1 comment:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

irons in the fire, eh? I AM curious!
And we're counting down together. It actually makes me less jittery/anxious to know that I'm not the only one who's got a timer going.
Work is getting very tedious these days...