Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer vacation has begun!

Day two of Summer Vacation! The last week at school was crazy and I was done to the wire on Wednesday. I've had to pack up all my things at school- thirty boxes in total. Not all my stuff mind you- but mostly department items. I left all of my personal items at school- clearly labeled. I'm praying nothing get lost! There were exams to give/grade, grades to submit, principal and director's to-do lists, IEP coding, final PPTs, graduation and many goodbyes. Thankfully- it is all done (except for a small pile of paperwork I need to finish today). I have a long list of to-dos that I hope to continue working on while I'm still in school mode.

Wednesday night marked our "official" last night of youth group before the summer. I firmly believe youth group should go year round- but that is a new concept to our team. This summer, I'll be hosting 4 girl days (stamping, spa day, jewelry making etc..) as a way to bond the girls together. We will have at least 4 open club nights for the gang to come hang out. The boys regularly get together for paintball too. In August, we will have a overnight lock-in/retreat. A few kids have asked for a trip to Six Flags as well. So- it will be a busy summer!

Last night the family went out to dinner at this great Ribs place in Rhode Island. Bill and I are awful children and have not recognized my dad birthday (we did do a cake), mother's day, father's day and their 49th anniversary! So- dinner out was in order. We had a nice time- we don't get to do that as often as we should.

My schedule is so clear between now and the 26th. I have a couple graduation parties, a vet appointment, possibly a dentist appointment, 1 gals activity and then Heidi and I fly to meet Erica and head to California. I'm so excited! We are still working on hotels- pray that all works out! It will be a lot of fun! We'll be in San Francisco, San Jose, Bakersfield and San Diego- I'm hoping to head to Mexico for a day too! There are so many details....

Things are coming together for our Haiti trip- now there are five of us. Chelsea and I are putting together an art project to bring down. That will be fun.

It has been a really great school year- incredibly challenging and at times stressful. But so rewarding. I truly enjoyed going to and being at work everyday. I'm excited for the fall!

Love to you all
Elisabeth

No comments: