Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Goldfish will have to do

Of all the nights for Walmart to be running low on Teddy Grahams- tonight had to be the night. There were only TWO BOXES in the entire store. Doesn't God have a sense of humor? So- plan B. Goldfish. We're going to using multiple varieties (including buffalo, pizza, x-tra cheddar etc...). I've counted out 1,033 individual goldfish and divided them amongst 18 bags. Why you asked? I wanted to make sure I had the exact count so I could figure out all the math in advance and not look like a complete idiot in front of the class (and in front of my boss). It was probably pointless to do- but it is done. My lesson is planned, I have all the materials- now I just have to pray the students behave, are engaged and that I am able to explain it all correctly. We'll see how it goes.
Tomorrow night is youth group- I'll be teaching the lesson to the gals again. This time, answering questions about the lessons we covered the last four weeks and then talking about assurance of salvation. One of our quieter girls has really been blossoming over the last few weeks. I got to spend some time with her last night- for a seventh grader, she is on target! Pray that those who have questions won't be afraid to ask them.

Love to you all~

No comments: