Saturday, April 07, 2007

New Shoes and New CD = One GREAT Day!

Beautiful Day Today!

Enjoyed shopping with Bek- our shopping = a marathon, not a sprint! Found fabulous shoes- though they are far to practical for Bek (and look exactly like the ones I had previously- but I like them, their comfy and go with anything! So I'm happy!). Maybe someday I'll have reason to break into heals. Found some other good deals- so I think I'm pretty much set for spring and summer. Trying to not add too much to my wardrobe.

Got home- and discovered my new John Mayer CD had arrived. Oh my goodness. It is so good! I'm enjoying him while I organize my room. John Mayer always brings back memories of the spring of 2003- living in my old apartment. I worked part-time then- so I'd get home in the early afternoon, open the patio door, feel the warm breeze, nestle into the couch to work on my Master's while listening to John. Good Times. You have got to hear this CD!

Tomorrow is an early day with the Easter Breakfast (I forgo the Sunrise Service- this year I have a medical excuse- how convenient!). Praise Team is singing for the Worship Service and then I'll enjoy the day at home with the family. This will be my first time singing in church since my "incident"- pray that my voice/lungs are strong. Practice this week really knocked me out and I had two tough days afterwards.

Up and coming adventures! Saturday is the Partners with Haiti Banquet in Weston. I LOVE this dinner every year. It is a great time to reconnect with past teammates. I especially love the people at Westgate and can't wait to see them. Phenomenal people! A few of our friends from the DR and Haiti will be there- so it will be good to see them as well.

Well- I must get back to work- I'd like to set up my new printer tonight (well, HOPE's new printer) but first must clear a space for it on my desk. God was so good to provide this for us- it will enable us to do our mailings more efficiently. Expect one soon (if you don't receive them and would like to- just let me know!).

Happy Resurrection!
Love to you all~

1 comment:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Happy Easter, I missed hearing you sing. How's you throat these days? Give yourself a hug for me and have a great time at the dinner on Sat. I'll be with the kids at Mountain House from this Wednesday until Wednesday of next week... oye!