Sunday, April 15, 2007

Spring Break!

It felt like it would never get here! VACATION!
We missed having a February break due to the construction at school (but it does mean we get out early and go back later to give the crews time to finish the building)- so it's been a unusually long stretch. (I know I'm not going to get much sympathy considering teachers do get a lot to time off- summers anyone? But- I earn every minute of it!)

My first order of business was to sleep in. And I did just that.
Then- I lounged around and watched a ridiculous movie. I won't go into all the details- but I will say- Why in the world is Keanu Reeves still acting? EVERY role is the same- flat, unemotional verbiage. Granted, he is nice to look at but his characters are so one dimensional (though- I did enjoy the Matrix and he has done some good stuff- so I am generalizing a bit).

This evening I went to the Partners with Haiti dinner in MA. Always a good time. I was able to reconnect with some gals I had met on previous teams and it was good to hear how they were doing. I saw my good friends from Westgate- whom I always enjoy catching up with. They are headed back in August for trip. I just might join them. It works perfectly with my vacation and there is no other team I'd rather go with. I have to look at my finances and pray about it- but it may just work.

Check out my friends Stephanie's video. It will give you an idea of what I do in Haiti. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPSMOxVY2mk
I was on a team that dug the foundation to this church- it is exciting to see how far it has come! The haitians you see pictured are among some of my greatest friends! What an amazing group of people!

So- my plans for spring break. While I won't be jetting off to Florida or some tropical location (though it did cross my mind to take off to Haiti- especially after seeing the video presentations tonight- my heart aches).

I hope to get a lot of planning done over break, print/mail the HOPE newsletter, IEP paperwork for work, Finalize coffee house and teens involved "stuff". I'm also looking forward to reading- and catching up on my movie queue. And- if I get to it, I hope to try to sell something on eBay. If it works- maybe I can earn some extra moo la and use it towards a trip to Haiti. That would be v. nice.

Hmm... I think I'll get to the first thing on my to-do list. SLEEP!

No comments: