Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Long Stretch begins-

There are 12 hours remaining in my Spring Break- not like I'm counting...

This definitely did not turn out to be the break I expected- but it still has been a good break. Now begins the long stretch through June (May is a killer)- but the finish line is coming! The year has really flown and I'm enjoying it. Praise the LORD- (I had too many days of not enjoying school in the past....I'm so glad that I enjoy what I"m doing now).

Our HOPE meeting went well. We got a lot accomplished and were able to make a number of decisions. Pray we have wisdom in the coming months as we plan our summer work team.

I went back to the doctor on Friday and he was pleased with my improvements. I will see him again in 6 weeks- until then I continue with my medication and inhalers.

Saturday was Teens Involved- the teens did very well on their presentations. They have been working so hard- it was good to see it all come together.

On the way home- my dad's van broke down- always an adventure! Thankfully- the guys looked it over and pronounced that it could not go anywhere. So- we sorted the teens out and the crew went on home (we were in Mass). Maria stayed with me and waited for the tow truck and then we headed home. In the end, it was good because I was tired and really was ready for the day to be done. I came home and after talking with my parents for a bit (unloading), I decided to pop a movie in to take my mind off things. Within 5 minutes I was asleep. Sleep is always a good remedy for stress. After a good night's rest, I'm far more coherent and thinking clearly.

On my way home from church (and after a fun phone call from Erica- catching up and planning our California trip)- I went to Walmart. On my way out- a small plane crashed across the street (there is a landing strip there). As I drove by-it looked like the plane had nose-dived into a grove of trees and the surrounding trees/ground were on fire. Scary.

Well- I'm going to take full advantage of my last remaining moments of Freedom.
Enjoy the evening~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to California? I'm headed back out there this summer!!
--Angela P