Sunday, April 15, 2007

Headin' South

So- we'll be heading to Norfolk, VA at midnight Monday. We'll attend the 2pm service, visit with family for a bit, stay at my cousin's and then head home very early Wednesday. Pray we arrive home without incident- my dad and I both have commitments at 6pm on Wednesday.

My mother's family is an unique crowd. We are not overly close- the distance has grown as people have aged, died and moved further away. Some are believers- but many are nominal Christians or have no interest. Pray that we are a testimony to our family. Pray for my mom too. The trip will be difficult for her- emotionally and physically.

Thankfully- I got a lot of items checked off the to-do list today. Since we aren't leaving until late, I'll be able to wrap a number of things up tomorrow as well. I'm especially thankful that I am on spring break this week and can go along with my parents and help with the driving. God's timing is always good.

Appreciate your prayers!

No comments: