Sunday, March 04, 2007

It only takes a spark...

We've been praying for a spark plug to arise in our youth group. We have great kids- some are further along in their spiritual journey than others- but few are willing to take a spiritual leadership role.

In the fall, James started coming to club and made a profession of faith at Superbowl. He is a great guy- respectful, friendly and God is working. He has lots of questions and is not afraid to ask them. He's not afraid to give God credit for changing his life!

This last week, during the lesson, he shared the following. "I was at school (he's in 10th grade) and I was pulling my Bible and quiet time out of my bag (!). A friend of mine saw it and said, "You believe in God?" I replied that I did." A conversation ensued between James and his friend. Even though he was ridiculed for believing in God- James stood strong and testified to the faith he has in Christ! We were so proud of him!

Could he be our spark plug? May it be

1 comment:

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

so cool, I've missed you, friend.
I hope we can chat sometime this weekend, but I might be at work pulling some extra hours, so timing is tough to plan. I love all the recent posting. The TI pics are so full of memories for me... do I really miss those days, though? Maria's birthday is coming up. Have you guys been able to keep close? So many things to talk about. I love you! Also, our blog has a new address: www.thedewevers9.blogspot.com In case you want to update your link.nhfyzn