Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Wednesday was D-Day!
After a blustery snow day on Monday (so needed)- I had one day left to prepare for my debut. Wednesday morning- scheduled bright and early at 7:45am were back to back meetings with two of my student's parents.

My supervisor was out sick the entire week before and so I was not able to go over my educational report with her. Thankfully, my colleague Patrick helped out. In the educational report I have to report the testing I recently conducted but also interpret the results and devise strategies to support the weaknesses. With this being my first evaluations, needless to say I was a wee bit nervous.

I spent most of Tuesday working to fine tune the reports and practice presenting the information. During a PPT, my role is to lead the meeting. I was very nervous about this. There are specific protocols and items that must be covered- and we are liable if we don't cover them.

Wednesday morning I met with my Director and went over all the data, reports and we strategized for the meetings. They went off without a hitch.

I was pleased with how the meetings went- and more importantly, my boss was pleased! So pleased that she wrote the meetings up as an observation for my file. Thank God for time, clarity and good support/colleagues who did so much to help me prepare. April and May will be full of similar meetings. The next item on my agenda is to conduct three more evaluations for students. I have 2 that must start this week to meet the deadline.

March is CAPT season which is a HUGE standardized test for 10th graders. It basically controls our school for the next three weeks. Emotions are raw and stress is running high. I'll be happy when April is here!

In other news:
Wilfrid left today for Haiti. He is traveling to Pestel to prepare for our work team this summer. We have a few people who are interested in going down to help start the foundation. There is much for him to organize while he is down there- pray all comes together according to God's timing. We plan to go to Pestel July 14th-21st. I can't wait. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make some connections with community members. The language barrier is always an issue and the previous two trips have been so busy, we have had limited time to really spend with community members. I've been able to speak to the local pastors at length- but look forward to getting to know more personally. The Lord has been blessing financially- we are speaking at Calvary's Missions Conferences March 16th-18th. I'm praying that this is a time when people catch our passion and join our support network.

On the family front: Bill was just hired as a permanent employee at Brooks Distribution Center. He likes his job and now has benefits- we are very happy! Dad and Mom are preparing for their 10th trip to the Ukraine to teach. Very exciting.

Today I spent some time with my friend Bethany. We went up to Millbury to shop- well, I shopped. This was the first time out shopping since Christmas. I need to get out more! We had a good time- good talks. I appreciate how she holds me accountable and understands so much of what I've been through (a fellow PK). Tomorrow will be busy with church (the teens are singing special music!), laundry and lunch with Bek. Then, another whirlwind week!

Love to you all

No comments: